Author Topic: Availability pi-stomp v3?  (Read 479 times)

triplea

• View Profile
Availability pi-stomp v3?
« on: November 20, 2023, 06:55:56 PM »
I have been playing Around with NAM on my Mac for a while. Reading some articles about mod dwarf I found pi-stomp. But actually it is not available. What is the actual state of the planed new v3? When will it be available?

Randall (Admin)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Availability pi-stomp v3?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 01:31:58 PM »
True, pi-Stomp Core (v2) sold out long ago.  v3 will be the next available kits.  v3 prototypes are working well.  We'll do a slight PCB change.  Firmware is mostly done.  We have enclosure prototypes.  Instruction and user manuals have been started.  We're still working out part supply issues and a few manufacturing issues, those are beyond our control and thus, the main unknowns.  So, I can't tell you when.  We're Hoping by February.  We'll update the news page and post something here when we have some more clarity.

cyril_c

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 05:58:18 PM »
Thx for your work.
Are you able to provide us with more details about the release date of version 3?

triplea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 05:08:10 AM »
I'm not sure, if the project is still alive. The last "News" on the Web is from November 27 and the last time Randall posted here goes back to December 3.
So I am asking, if there are any activities and plans to release the new version in really near future?

Randall (Admin)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024, 11:25:23 AM »
Yes, the project is completely alive.  v3 design is complete.  However, v3 is intended to be a much more refined product, as foolproof as possible, so there are many details to work out.  Since the kits will be mostly assembled, most of the remaining issues are manufacturing and part sourcing related.  Those activities are outsourced and I really have no visibility into the timelines.  Thus, I'm not able to give time estimates for when v3 might be released to the public.  I'd rather give no date, than to be late.